This is my first attempt at growing Blossfeldia Liliputana from seed. This is a notoriously difficult and slow growing cactus succulent.
I started on on 7-16-20.
I started by scooping around 1 inch of moistened succulent seed starting soil into a fresh and clean wide mouth pint jar. I place 2 of these in a gallon size ziplock bag, and microwaved for 2 minutes twice. I lets this cool over night.
In the morning, I carefully dispensed ~25 seeds (each jar) onto a fresh small weigh boat, and without touching (or breathing- aseptic technique) , tapped them out into the jar through the barely cracked open bag. Then I sealed the bag, and place it under red heavy 10 watt led set to 12/12 light cycle.
Here is the result after 2 weeks. Both have several developed seedlings. It was hard to tell, but seeds probably sprouted within the first week.
2 Month status update:
The seedlings are obviously getting bigger slowly. They are a nice healthy green. And importantly, no signs of any fungal or algal growth- so the aseptic techniques worked.